Saturday, July 14, 2012

Being Guided

Today, while eating my happily-home-made omelet with mushrooms, grilled onions, and tomatoes, salami and cream cheese, and my thick slice of Swiss cheese, I was perusing the web and listening to KLove. The music was calming, the food filling, and the article I had found very interesting. What had I stumbled upon, you might ask? It was an article about the finding of a box of bones on a small island in Bulgaria called Sveti Ivan. On this island, some archaeologists had came to believe that the bones, or at least a few of them, of John the Baptist were buried. Reading the first few sentences, I noticed a change in the song, and before I knew it, my eyes were closed and tearing up, I had the chills, and my right hand was in the air.

Natalie Grant's 'Your Great Name' continued to play, and it was after the feeling had gone away that I decided if that wasn't a sign from God, then I don't have brown eyes. I have been looking around for different Biblical Archaeology digs, skimming some across Europe, venturing so far over as Ireland, trying to stay closer to Egypt. Never had I thought that Bulgaria would be in my future. Now, with God's help, I think I'm going to try to find a dig in that area. While I probably won't be directly associated with information regarding John the Baptist, I would love to act on the feeling that I had while researching that article.

I've had some tips from friends about attending Grad school and/or traveling the world. Go on a Missions trip in the area that I am interested in studying first, maybe take a field school. Then, once I decide I do like it there, find a Professor that specializes in that area and let myself be known. With some luck (and a lot of prayer), I could possibly get in with a Graduate program related to that part of the world. :)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment